Serving Santa Fe At Christ Church we serve the city of Santa Fe through our Faithful Presence Program. For information on Faithful Presence volunteer opportunities, please contact email@example.com or by calling her at 438-3866. Or, visit the Faithful Presence table in the Plaza for Volunteer packets on Sunday mornings.
Volunteer Reading Program Ongoing Sweeney Elementary honored us “Christ Church Volunteer Heroes.” Help us read to Sweeney kids this school year.
Homeless Teen Outreach Meals Wednesdays, 9:00 AM at the Church Prepare brown bag meals for the Homeless Teen Shelter! Donations of baked goods, brownies & cookies are greatly appreciated. To ensure timely distribution we would appreciate your donations by 9:00 AM on Wednesday. Keep the generosity flowing!
Donations for Esperanza Ongoing Donate clothing and household goods for the Esperanza Shelter of Santa Fe to help women begin a new life free from violence. Look for the donation bin near the main kitchen.
Drive for Kitchen Angels Ongoing Kitchen Angels is in dire need of drivers to deliver meals to our homebound neighbors with a chronic or terminal illness. Volunteers drive their own vehicles, need a valid driver’s license & insurance, and must be dependable with a cheerful attitude. Drivers commit to one afternoon (2 hours), per week and make 8-10 deliveries, depending upon meal cancellations. Watch for notifications of training sessions in the Sunday bulletin. Contact Mae at 505-471-7780 if you are interested.
Volunteer for Santa Fe Cancer Center Ongoing Bring cheer to Santa Fe Cancer Center patients. Make coffee, serve and visit patients receiving chemotherapy. Numerous shifts available. Watch for notifications of training sessions in the Sunday bulletin.
Food Depot Non-perishable items are in high demand – bring with you to CCSF dry goods, canned vegetables and fruits, soups, dried beans, canned meats, pasta and rice, cranberry sauce, pumpkin, canned yams, and stuffing mixes to help keep hunger at bay! Bins located outside of the main kitchen.
Santa Fe Need & Deed Santa Fe Need and Deed is a grass-roots, non-profit organization that helps homeless and near-homeless* adults in Santa Fe City and County. Weekly meetings are held at Westminster Presbyterian on Monday afternoons beginning at 2:00 PM. The CCSF family volunteers for Santa Fe Need and Deed by supplying and serving dinner, volunteering at the meetings, providing office and interview space for client meetings as well as financial assistance to the organization.
Throughout the year, volunteers reach out to the Santa Fe community in multiple ways.
- Every month containing a fifth Sunday, Christ Church Santa Fe cooks a full meal for 150 Santa Fe homeless. The CCSF Youth transport and serve the meals.
- Whether ringing the bells at Christmas, giving to the Angel tree, or serving Thanksgiving dinners to countless homeless, the Christ Church Santa Fe volunteers work hand in hand with the Salvation Army.
- Samaritan’s Purse shoe boxes is a favored outreach at Christmas for the church — which reaches children around the world.
- Every summer/fall, we collect new and gently used clothing for our Teacher’s Closet and then have a “free shopping” day for anyone associated with SF Public Schools, private schools or home school networks.
- Gifts for the King is a very special project of Christ Church Santa Fe. Every Christmas we try to give several Sweeney Elementary School families some much needed relief from the weekly job of buying groceries — so there is money left to buy gifts for their children. Groceries to feed the family for two weeks is provided and delivered by the church family — dozens of families ranging in size from 4-12 per household are helped with this program every year.